23 m monohull REIDAR VON KOSS RS110
The Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue (NSSR). Saving lives at sea.
Today, there are 43 vessels continuously manned and on standby along the coast of Norway. The society has about 6000 engagements every year.
13 of the 43 boats are operated by volunteers, two of these volunteer boats are based on Norway's two biggest lakes: Mjøsa and Femunden. The rest of the boats are manned by a professional crew who live and work onboard on a 28 day rotation.
- Search and Rescue
- NSSR (Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue)
- 23 m
- 25 knots
- 800 nautical miles
- 20 m3
- 2 x 1500 kW, MTU 12V 396 TE 74
- 12 ton
- Von Koss Klasse
- 2 x radar (3 cm and 10 cm) ARPA, chart plotter, Loran C, DGPS, echo sounder, auto pilot
- GMDSS Class A2 with additional equipment
- 2 m3
- 2 x Isuzu à 52 kW, 220 Volt AC
- Nargilee, SCUBA and underwater communication, underwater camera, rated to 100 meter/VCR